Skip to main content

Hello!

I realize it’s been a couple of weeks since my last post, and I thought I would take a moment to share what’s been happening around our house. . .

Th lost another tooth so he is now missing both of his front teeth. He looks so cute!! They have both been loose since before Christmas, and he lost the first one a few days after New Year’s. Now that both are gone, some of his words sound strange and I kid him that Teagan now has more teeth than he does. He just smiles his toothless grin and gives me a hug.

Teagan started speech therapy and I already love her therapist Susan. She is very much “special ed” so I get what she says. I can talk to her and she knows what I mean-- I love it!! Right now we are working on feeding issues, meaning we are trying to get Teagan to accept different textures of food. For instance, when feeding her peach yogurt, Teagan will manage to swallow the yogurt and spit out the tiny specs of peaches. I know it’s not related to taste because Teagan loves pureed peaches. She does the same thing with peas. It’s crazy because the particles are so small but yet she can get them out of her mouth.

We are also working on signing with her. I have been signing to her for some time but I have not had very much success. Until this week. Teagan finally began to sign “more” and “yes”, which is very encouraging to me. Typically when she wants something, she flaps her hands. Constantly. It makes it difficult to know exactly what she wants, particularly when she is presented with a choice (i.e. cheese puffs or cheerios). Now I can ask her what she wants and she is able to sign “yes” before flapping her hands. It’s not exact, it’s not pretty, but it’s definitely progress and she’s definitely communicating with me. I am now trying to get her to sign “finished”, “cup”, and “milk”. She’ll get it when she’s ready and in the meantime, I’ll keep signing. The funny thing is, the other kids sign to her, as well, and I think it’s really cute. I have always done basic signs with my kids, particularly the sign for “no”, because it’s a sign that I can use in public when I can’t necessarily tell them “no” out loud. They all know what that sign is and means and if they don’t stop whatever it is they’re doing, they better be prepared to face the consequences.

We bought T.G. a new toddler bed last week and she loves it! That was one big “to do” item before Taylor arrives in a few weeks. We have been shopping for a dresser or chest-of-drawers for Taylor’s clothes but have been unsuccessful, although TJ did say he found one he liked yesterday. We were trying to match the existing furniture but it’s no longer made. I guess the one he found is close in color and the price is right, so we’ll probably end up buying it. I am a little overwhelmed because I am 31 weeks along and have nothing ready: the crib is disassembled and being stored under my bed, we’ve yet to purchase a dresser, and the baby clothes are still in the attic. We have plans the next few weekends so I am feeling the pressure to get everything ready but don’t know when it will get done. It’s hard for me to imagine that more than likely in the next 5-6 weeks I will have another baby. Crazy!

Regarding house hunting, we found out Christmas Eve that a house we really liked was still available. We talked it over and decided last weekend to put an offer on it. We drove by today and it is sold. To say we are bummed is an understatement! There is another house that we looked at that is still available so we may proceed with putting an offer on that one, but we still need to sell ours. Although I am discouraged because the circumstances aren’t what I would choose, the Lord knows best and I simply have to trust God. Pray for our house to sell as that is a huge need for us right now.

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart; and lean not in your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.” ~ Prov. 3:5-6

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday Thirteen #4

Thirteen Things about South Carolina Mom 13 places I have been or would like to go. . . 1. Santiago, Chile, South America This was my first trip when I was in the military. It was awesome! 2. Virginia Beach, Virginia, U.S. Traveled here with the military. I had a great time, although I only stayed for a few nights. It was too cold to swim in the ocean but it was nice to see the beach. 3. Palermo, Sicily, Europe This is my family's roots. My great-grandparents immigrated to the U.S. from Palermo, and it was so awesome to be able to share in my heritage. I traveled here while in the military, and I loved every bit of this country. Mt. Etna is also located in Sicily, and on several occasions (I've been to Sicily several times), Mt. Etna was erupting. It was majestic to see, especially at night. Too many highlights to say what my favorite part of this country was, but the memories I hold will definitely last a lifetime. 4. Rota, Spain, Europe Again, traveled here with the military.

Thursday Thirteen #3

Thirteen Things about South Carolina Mom 13 jobs I have held. . . 1. Special Olympics Swim Coach Best job ever and very rewarding! 2. Preschool/Youth swim instructor My first job (I volunteered until I got hired on at the Y, then I was paid.) 3. Lifeguard This was my first paid job. 4. Crew Chief/aircraft mechanic on the KC-10 I loved it- I saw the world on this plane and pushed myself the farthest mentally and physically I ever have or ever will again. Of course I missed my family and friends, but if I had to do it all over again, I would in a heartbeat. 5. Debrief personnel I talked with aircrews after they landed about their flight/mission. I learned the logistical side of flying. 6. Tool Crib personnel I gave the mechanics tools for various jobs needed to fix the airplane. I also inventoried and ordered new tools, and that was fun. Until this job, I had no idea that tool companies have a representative drive around in a truck full of tools for people to use and try. It was during t

Thursday Thirteen #6

Thirteen Things about South Carolina Mom 13 Pictures from my life. . . Th, May 2007 Ta, May 2007 At the OBX, June 2007 Ta, OBX 2007 T.G. and Jenna, 1 of our dogs Th turning 5 in Sep. 2007 Eating cake, Sep. 2007 Me and TJ at the Wilds At the zoo, Oct. 2007 Nov. 2007 Thanksgiving 2007 Christmas 2007 All of us Get the Thursday Thirteen code here! The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted! View More Thursday Thirteen Participants