Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Man oh man am I tired! TJ is at the Wilds this weekend for a men's retreat so I have been home with the kiddos.

We went to visit the nursing home yesterday afternoon for Halloween, and then came home and ordered a pizza. While we waited for the pizza to arrive, we went through the candy and put all the stuff they aren't allowed to have (hard candy mainly) in a bowl for the trick-or-treaters who come to our neighborhood (we don't do trick-or-treating except at the nursing home- during daylight hours). They had fun periodically checking the bowl to see if it was empty. Surprisingly, most of it was gone within about 2 hours. There were only about 8 pieces or so left by the time I turned off our porch light at 8pm. This was the first time I have done that (I usually send the candy to work with TJ) and the kids had such a good time, I think I'll do it every year.

Ta and T.G. aren't feeling well and both had difficulty sleeping last night. T.G. woke up at 10:15pm and I didn't get her back to sleep until about 11pm. Then, Ta woke at 11:15 but thankfully I was able to get him back to sleep in his bed. . . I went to bed after nursing Teagan, about 12:30am. Ta woke at 2:30am and I brought him in my room. Then Teagan woke at 3:30am to nurse again, and I was up with her until about 4. Th woke me up at 6am, and Ta woke shortly thereafter.

I took everyone to Th's soccer game this morning, then we headed to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things. Since the middlers aren't feeling well, the trip was short so they could get home to eat lunch and get to bed. I would love to take a nap but I have too much to do- dishes, laundry, figuring out something for dinner, and of course schoolwork. I need to go to the grocery store but it's VERY difficult with 4 kids. I may just wait until tomorrow afternoon when TJ is home.

That's about it for us. I am including a few pictures taken at the nursing home yesterday. Th was a soldier, Ta was Piglet, and the girls were pumpkins. They looked cute! Oh, to update on Teagan, she has her hearing evaluation on Nov. 11. I am going to have to miss class to take her, which I hate to do because I enjoy the class, but of course my kids come first. I hope I will get results at the appointment and not have to wait.

0 Shared with Me: