Skip to main content

God's Plan

"Commit your works to the LORD, and your thoughts shall be established." ~ Proverbs 16:3 NKJV


My plan for last night and today:

Put the kids to bed at 9PM and work on the slides for my presentation Wednesday.
Go to bed around 10 or so and get a full night’s sleep.
Wake at 6:30AM
Drop off Th at preschool at 9
Go to a friend’s house with Ta and T.G. to make a craft to bring to the nursing home next week
Come home and work on Thank-You cards and make lunch
Eat lunch and head to church for Bible Study
Come home and put the kids down for a nap
While everyone is napping, finish my other Bible study lesson and finish up my presentation

God’s plan for last night and today:

Put the boys to bed at 9PM
Nurse T.G. and put her in her crib to go to sleep at 9:30
9:45 Ta woke crying with vomit EVERYWHERE in his bed
I give him a bath while TJ changes the sheets, deodorizes his room, and disinfects his mattress and pillow covers
Get him settled in bed at 10:15 and go get T.G. who has been screaming in her crib since I laid her down
10:45 put T.G. down for good and head downstairs to work on my presentation
11:00 Ta wakes crying again and a repeat of above (including the bath!)
11:15 decide to put Ta on our floor in our room since we don’t have anymore clean sets of twin sheets and we don’t want him to wake Th.
Up every hour or so because Ta is vomiting (no sound sleeping tonight!)
Wake at 6 when TJ’s alarm goes off
Wake for good at 6:30 when Ta vomits again
Change his pajamas and go downstairs so he can eat a cracker
Change his pj’s again while TJ cleans up the kitchen floor (Ta never ate the cracker- he drank a small amount of Gatorade and it upset his belly)
Cancel all my scheduled outings for today


As you can see, God and I had very different views of how the last 15 hours of my life would go. I am trying to remember that all things work together for good for those who love Him (Romans 8:28) and that I will be able to accomplish what needs to be done in His timing. Right now both kids are sleeping (Th is at preschool) and I was able to finish my presentation. I am going to begin working on those Thank-You cards, as well as finish folding some laundry and making lunch for TJ and Th. Please just pray no one else gets sick (especially me- I have my presentation tomorrow!) and that Ta doesn’t vomit anymore today. I have such a weak stomach and I get sick at the sight/smell of vomit (which is why TJ has had to do all the cleaning, changing, etc). I almost lost my stomach when Ta got sick in the kitchen this morning because it literally was at my feet.

Comments

jenn said…
I feel your pain. We just had to get Brandi and Ryan from school for vomiting. We picked up Kasi too, I wasn't taking the chance of having to go back out!

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday Thirteen #4

Thirteen Things about South Carolina Mom 13 places I have been or would like to go. . . 1. Santiago, Chile, South America This was my first trip when I was in the military. It was awesome! 2. Virginia Beach, Virginia, U.S. Traveled here with the military. I had a great time, although I only stayed for a few nights. It was too cold to swim in the ocean but it was nice to see the beach. 3. Palermo, Sicily, Europe This is my family's roots. My great-grandparents immigrated to the U.S. from Palermo, and it was so awesome to be able to share in my heritage. I traveled here while in the military, and I loved every bit of this country. Mt. Etna is also located in Sicily, and on several occasions (I've been to Sicily several times), Mt. Etna was erupting. It was majestic to see, especially at night. Too many highlights to say what my favorite part of this country was, but the memories I hold will definitely last a lifetime. 4. Rota, Spain, Europe Again, traveled here with the military.

Thursday Thirteen #3

Thirteen Things about South Carolina Mom 13 jobs I have held. . . 1. Special Olympics Swim Coach Best job ever and very rewarding! 2. Preschool/Youth swim instructor My first job (I volunteered until I got hired on at the Y, then I was paid.) 3. Lifeguard This was my first paid job. 4. Crew Chief/aircraft mechanic on the KC-10 I loved it- I saw the world on this plane and pushed myself the farthest mentally and physically I ever have or ever will again. Of course I missed my family and friends, but if I had to do it all over again, I would in a heartbeat. 5. Debrief personnel I talked with aircrews after they landed about their flight/mission. I learned the logistical side of flying. 6. Tool Crib personnel I gave the mechanics tools for various jobs needed to fix the airplane. I also inventoried and ordered new tools, and that was fun. Until this job, I had no idea that tool companies have a representative drive around in a truck full of tools for people to use and try. It was during t

Thursday Thirteen #6

Thirteen Things about South Carolina Mom 13 Pictures from my life. . . Th, May 2007 Ta, May 2007 At the OBX, June 2007 Ta, OBX 2007 T.G. and Jenna, 1 of our dogs Th turning 5 in Sep. 2007 Eating cake, Sep. 2007 Me and TJ at the Wilds At the zoo, Oct. 2007 Nov. 2007 Thanksgiving 2007 Christmas 2007 All of us Get the Thursday Thirteen code here! The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted! View More Thursday Thirteen Participants