Skip to main content

A Time Such as This

I am writing to ask for prayer for me. Compared to what my friend Carrie and many others have recently experienced, my request is very minor. However, it is causing me stress and anxiety, and I am feeling extremely overwhelmed. The next week is very busy for me both as a wife/mom and student.

We are celebrating Th’s birthday at preschool tomorrow so I need to bake cookies to bring in the morning. Before going to preschool, however, I have a MOMS Club meeting and it is my turn to bring snacks, so I also have to bake a breakfast cake to share. I have to be at a local middle school tomorrow afternoon to teach an adapted physical education class to 4 students with disabilities. Tomorrow is my first day with this, so I am a little nervous about meeting the students and planning activities for them. Friday morning I have my weekly MOMS Club Bible study, and Friday afternoon TJ and I are leaving for our couple’s retreat. I still need to complete my lesson and make the handouts for Bible study. To prepare for going away, I have laundry and packing for us and Th, as he is staying with my dad-in-law. I also have to clean my house because my mom-in-law is coming to stay here with Ta and T.G. I have a test Monday morning that I need to find time to study for, and a group project I need to work on for Wednesday. To add to my load, TJ is working crazy hours because some new equipment arrived that was back-ordered. It needs to be assembled and computers and other electronic equipment installed. . . in 33 classrooms. I am now temporarily a single parent until he finishes all of his stuff at work for the next 2 days. I also have to go to the grocery store, and you know how it is when you have to take your children to the grocery store. I'd rather have my teeth pulled out one at a time without novacaine while sitting atop a pile of burning ash rather than take all 3 of my kids to the grocery store, but that's another story.

So, above is my “To Do” list for the next 5 days. Here are specific ways you can pray:
· A good night’s rest so I can wake refreshed, ready to serve the Lord
· Clarity of thought so I can prioritize my list
· Patience and self-control as I care for my children amidst my craziness
· Time to complete all of my tasks
· For me to remember not to worry (Matt. 6:34)

Thank you so much, and if I don’t write here in a few days and you're wondering why, re-read the above post.

Comments

jenn said…
I posted a picture of TG on my site last night, and in it she looks exactly like you! What do you think??

Hope you had a good time without the kids!
The Goddess G said…
Terra,
Remembering you in my prayers. I don't think any request is minor in the eyes of God. Praying for strength to get through this week and that you may do so as stress free as possible.
~Carole

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday Thirteen #4

Thirteen Things about South Carolina Mom 13 places I have been or would like to go. . . 1. Santiago, Chile, South America This was my first trip when I was in the military. It was awesome! 2. Virginia Beach, Virginia, U.S. Traveled here with the military. I had a great time, although I only stayed for a few nights. It was too cold to swim in the ocean but it was nice to see the beach. 3. Palermo, Sicily, Europe This is my family's roots. My great-grandparents immigrated to the U.S. from Palermo, and it was so awesome to be able to share in my heritage. I traveled here while in the military, and I loved every bit of this country. Mt. Etna is also located in Sicily, and on several occasions (I've been to Sicily several times), Mt. Etna was erupting. It was majestic to see, especially at night. Too many highlights to say what my favorite part of this country was, but the memories I hold will definitely last a lifetime. 4. Rota, Spain, Europe Again, traveled here with the military.

Thursday Thirteen #3

Thirteen Things about South Carolina Mom 13 jobs I have held. . . 1. Special Olympics Swim Coach Best job ever and very rewarding! 2. Preschool/Youth swim instructor My first job (I volunteered until I got hired on at the Y, then I was paid.) 3. Lifeguard This was my first paid job. 4. Crew Chief/aircraft mechanic on the KC-10 I loved it- I saw the world on this plane and pushed myself the farthest mentally and physically I ever have or ever will again. Of course I missed my family and friends, but if I had to do it all over again, I would in a heartbeat. 5. Debrief personnel I talked with aircrews after they landed about their flight/mission. I learned the logistical side of flying. 6. Tool Crib personnel I gave the mechanics tools for various jobs needed to fix the airplane. I also inventoried and ordered new tools, and that was fun. Until this job, I had no idea that tool companies have a representative drive around in a truck full of tools for people to use and try. It was during t

Thursday Thirteen #6

Thirteen Things about South Carolina Mom 13 Pictures from my life. . . Th, May 2007 Ta, May 2007 At the OBX, June 2007 Ta, OBX 2007 T.G. and Jenna, 1 of our dogs Th turning 5 in Sep. 2007 Eating cake, Sep. 2007 Me and TJ at the Wilds At the zoo, Oct. 2007 Nov. 2007 Thanksgiving 2007 Christmas 2007 All of us Get the Thursday Thirteen code here! The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted! View More Thursday Thirteen Participants