Her surgery was at 1PM today. I have not yet heard any details, but please continue to pray for Carrie and all who will be caring for her as she recovers. Also, pray the tumor is not cancerous, and if it is cancerous, that it has not spread. Also pray for her family as they are split between caring for her son and being with her in the hospital. God's hand has been sustaining Carrie thus far, and I know He will continue to do so. He is the Ultimate Physician and can heal any ailment or affliction. I thank you all for your prayers and words of encouragement; they are greatly appreciated!
Specific ways to pray:
- God's will to be done and for Him to recieve all the glory and honor in whatever happens
- Carrie's spritual, emotional, and physical strength as she faces the unknown
- Ken (her husband)- his spiritual, emotional, and physical strength as he goes between home and Duke to care for Carrie and their son; travel safety as he goes back and forth; for him to be strong for Carrie; insurance and finances to go smooth
- Ken & Carrie's son- to adjust to staying with his grandparents for the time being; to not question too much where Mommy & Daddy are; to be an encouragement to his family
- Doctor's wisdom as they perform the surgery and decide best treatment
- Nurses and other healthcare workers- to speak encouraging words to Carrie and the family to help calm their fears; patience in caring for Carrie; wisdom in healthcare decisions
- Carrie's family as they make healthcare decisions; physical and emotional strength as they watch their daughter going through this
- Ken's family- wisdom and patience as they care for their grandson; emotinal strength as they minister to and support Ken
- The MOMS Club- for us to come together to support a fellow mom who is facing such a dramatic life circumstance; wisdom as we decide how to best support and encourage Carrie
- West End Baptist Church- Ken and Carrie's church- discernment related to supporting the family during this time
Please pray as you feel led by the Holy Spirit. Already, God has used this to draw so many to Him, and that in itself is such a blessing. Again, thank you very much.