Skip to main content

Teagan PT Update

The PT evaluation is complete; I am just waiting to go over the “official” results with Kathy (the PT) and Crystal (EI) on Thursday. Unofficially, Kathy said that Teagan has a 2-3 month delay, which doesn’t seem so bad until you consider she is just now 6 months old. It means she functions as a 3-4 month old baby- not good! It sort of took me by surprise and I really can’t help but blame myself, mostly for my lack of unavailability to “play” with her like I did with the others.

On the bright side, at least I put my pride aside and was able to get her the help that she needs, and just since Friday’s meeting with Kathy, I have already seen some progress. Teagan has learned that she can roll from her side to her back by using her arm for momentum. It may seem like a small feat, but it’s a step closer to rolling over. Also, she has been grabbing her feet more, and she enjoys playing “Peek-a-Boo” and me singing the “Itsy Bitsy Spider” and “Pat-a-Cake” using her legs. I had her sitting for about 20 minutes yesterday morning. I had to have her propped in front and back in order for her to sit, but again, little progress is still progress. However, once she tired out, she refused to go into a sitting position for the rest of the day. I think she was sore and her muscles tired from their workout. Like my drill instructor said in Basic Training, “No pain, no gain!”

So, it seems that just as I am in the thick of teaching (I began full-time teaching this past Monday), our schedule at home has also become more demanding because of Teagan’s therapy appointments. She will have EI on Mondays and PT on Thursdays, and I have class on Tuesdays and we go to church on Wednesdays and Sundays. But, once April is over, I will be less stressed because school will be over and I will be almost graduated. I can’t believe there is only 1 more month- it seemed like this time in my life would never arrive and now it’s just around the corner!

My time as a professional student is ending, although I suspect I will never loose my desire to continue to learn as I grow and age. When I was at the WILDS last weekend, I attended a workshop on reading and books. I am such a nerd! = ) I loved it! I found some great authors and books and talked about censorship and found an awesome curriculum that I hope to purchase with any money I receive for graduation. The curriculum basically takes a book and has lesson ideas that correspond with the book and for a week, everything revolves around that one book and its central theme. I can incorporate it with my kids at home or at school. I am very excited to get it and see it as a lifelong investment.

Well, my bed is calling loudly as 5am approaches quickly, especially when I am tired! Have a great week!

*Psalm 105:4~ Seek the LORD and His strength; Seek His face evermore!

Dear Lord, help me to pray, remember, and apply this verse to my life daily, especially in this next month of deadlines and appointments and all-around busyness.
In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday Thirteen #4

Thirteen Things about South Carolina Mom 13 places I have been or would like to go. . . 1. Santiago, Chile, South America This was my first trip when I was in the military. It was awesome! 2. Virginia Beach, Virginia, U.S. Traveled here with the military. I had a great time, although I only stayed for a few nights. It was too cold to swim in the ocean but it was nice to see the beach. 3. Palermo, Sicily, Europe This is my family's roots. My great-grandparents immigrated to the U.S. from Palermo, and it was so awesome to be able to share in my heritage. I traveled here while in the military, and I loved every bit of this country. Mt. Etna is also located in Sicily, and on several occasions (I've been to Sicily several times), Mt. Etna was erupting. It was majestic to see, especially at night. Too many highlights to say what my favorite part of this country was, but the memories I hold will definitely last a lifetime. 4. Rota, Spain, Europe Again, traveled here with the military.

Thursday Thirteen #3

Thirteen Things about South Carolina Mom 13 jobs I have held. . . 1. Special Olympics Swim Coach Best job ever and very rewarding! 2. Preschool/Youth swim instructor My first job (I volunteered until I got hired on at the Y, then I was paid.) 3. Lifeguard This was my first paid job. 4. Crew Chief/aircraft mechanic on the KC-10 I loved it- I saw the world on this plane and pushed myself the farthest mentally and physically I ever have or ever will again. Of course I missed my family and friends, but if I had to do it all over again, I would in a heartbeat. 5. Debrief personnel I talked with aircrews after they landed about their flight/mission. I learned the logistical side of flying. 6. Tool Crib personnel I gave the mechanics tools for various jobs needed to fix the airplane. I also inventoried and ordered new tools, and that was fun. Until this job, I had no idea that tool companies have a representative drive around in a truck full of tools for people to use and try. It was during t

Thursday Thirteen #6

Thirteen Things about South Carolina Mom 13 Pictures from my life. . . Th, May 2007 Ta, May 2007 At the OBX, June 2007 Ta, OBX 2007 T.G. and Jenna, 1 of our dogs Th turning 5 in Sep. 2007 Eating cake, Sep. 2007 Me and TJ at the Wilds At the zoo, Oct. 2007 Nov. 2007 Thanksgiving 2007 Christmas 2007 All of us Get the Thursday Thirteen code here! The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted! View More Thursday Thirteen Participants