Skip to main content

Study Day

Tomorrow begins my finals. I take my first of 5 exams in the morning. I have 2 on Thursday, 1 on Friday, and my last exam next Monday. I have reached the point in the semester where I cannot think any longer; my brain is fried and I have lost all motivation. I simply cannot learn anything else, so studying is difficult for me. It is at this point in the semester where I fully rely on the Lord for His strength and wisdom. Rather than study, all I can do is review my notes and pray the information I have been learning over the past 16 weeks comes to the forefront of my mind on exam day. Every semester I reach this point, but the Lord is faithful and has allowed me to do well in the past. I have a 4.0 Grade Point Average (GPA), and at this point, it would be nice to finish out both the semester and my degree with that GPA, but I am okay with getting a ‘B’.

I am also praying about the future and what is in store for me. I planned on beginning graduate school part-time to work on my Master’s degree while teaching. I am not sure if I will teach in the school district full-time or if I will perhaps look into something else part-time. A former professor of mine is the lead Special Ed person for the school district and is looking for teachers. I spoke with her last night and she is interested in me starting as early as May and finishing out the school year because there are 2 teachers going out on maternity leave then. On the other hand, one of my current professors suggested I apply to become a graduate assistant, meaning I would go to graduate school full-time and work in the Special Education department at the University assisting professors and helping in the field of research. It would be an awesome learning experience as I would present at state conferences and attend national ones. Plus, as a grad. assistant, my tuition is paid in full, and I would receive a small stipend for working. It’s not a huge amount of money, but it would help cover the cost of childcare while I am in school. Additionally, by attending full-time, I could finish my degree in 3 semesters rather than 6, saving me time and money. It’s definitely worth looking into and not surprisingly, TJ fully supported the idea.

So, if you think of it, please pray the Lord would open the necessary doors for me as to what He wants me to do and close others if it is not His will for my life. Both options sound promising and exciting, but I want to be in God’s will doing whatever it is He has planned. Also pray for me this week to have clarity of thought and a sound mind while taking my exams. Unfortunately, sometimes I get so nervous my mind draws a blank. I pray before every test I take, and often that helps to calm me. But, there are instances where I simply cannot recall the necessary information and leave items blank or incomplete. Because of the nature of the courses I am taking this semester, I need to do well as they are directly related to teaching.

Thanks for the support!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday Thirteen #4

Thirteen Things about South Carolina Mom 13 places I have been or would like to go. . . 1. Santiago, Chile, South America This was my first trip when I was in the military. It was awesome! 2. Virginia Beach, Virginia, U.S. Traveled here with the military. I had a great time, although I only stayed for a few nights. It was too cold to swim in the ocean but it was nice to see the beach. 3. Palermo, Sicily, Europe This is my family's roots. My great-grandparents immigrated to the U.S. from Palermo, and it was so awesome to be able to share in my heritage. I traveled here while in the military, and I loved every bit of this country. Mt. Etna is also located in Sicily, and on several occasions (I've been to Sicily several times), Mt. Etna was erupting. It was majestic to see, especially at night. Too many highlights to say what my favorite part of this country was, but the memories I hold will definitely last a lifetime. 4. Rota, Spain, Europe Again, traveled here with the military.

Thursday Thirteen #3

Thirteen Things about South Carolina Mom 13 jobs I have held. . . 1. Special Olympics Swim Coach Best job ever and very rewarding! 2. Preschool/Youth swim instructor My first job (I volunteered until I got hired on at the Y, then I was paid.) 3. Lifeguard This was my first paid job. 4. Crew Chief/aircraft mechanic on the KC-10 I loved it- I saw the world on this plane and pushed myself the farthest mentally and physically I ever have or ever will again. Of course I missed my family and friends, but if I had to do it all over again, I would in a heartbeat. 5. Debrief personnel I talked with aircrews after they landed about their flight/mission. I learned the logistical side of flying. 6. Tool Crib personnel I gave the mechanics tools for various jobs needed to fix the airplane. I also inventoried and ordered new tools, and that was fun. Until this job, I had no idea that tool companies have a representative drive around in a truck full of tools for people to use and try. It was during t

Thursday Thirteen #6

Thirteen Things about South Carolina Mom 13 Pictures from my life. . . Th, May 2007 Ta, May 2007 At the OBX, June 2007 Ta, OBX 2007 T.G. and Jenna, 1 of our dogs Th turning 5 in Sep. 2007 Eating cake, Sep. 2007 Me and TJ at the Wilds At the zoo, Oct. 2007 Nov. 2007 Thanksgiving 2007 Christmas 2007 All of us Get the Thursday Thirteen code here! The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted! View More Thursday Thirteen Participants