Skip to main content

A Loss for Words

Believe it or not, I don't really have much to talk about.

The derm appointment went well considering I had one child who couldn't sit still, one who wouldn't sit still, and another that was about to break out into tears at any moment. Thankfully the nurse listened to me when I told her Ta was very nervous and asked the doc to take off her white coat (hence the term "White Coat Syndrome"- it really does exist!) before entering the room. It seemed to work great! Ta didn't like her looking at him, and he didn't say one word the entire time the doc was in the room, but he didn't cry, either. That is real progress!

Oh, about the diagnosis. All 3 spots are unrelated to each other. The bumps on his foot are a birth mark that will continue to grow as his foot grows. The spot on his leg is, um, I don't remember because I had difficulty concentrating on what she was saying because I was distracted by 2 of my kids. I do know it's not contagious and it follows a linear pattern that just so happened to coincide with his scratch from the dog. I got a prescription cream to take care of it. Now, the spot on his stomach is another story. It is caused by a virus. There is nothing that can be done for it; his immune system has to fight it on its own, typically in 9-12 months. But, my friend called me and her son had the same thing. She gave me some great tips and something OTC (liquid silver) that her derm recommended that I plan to try. She said her son's spot cleared up in 3 weeks. 3 weeks versus 9-12 moths- I wonder what I should do? (note the sarcasm in my typing).

I did not hear anything from the OB so I guess that means no news is good news regarding my sugar test. I still have to go back Friday for my dreaded shot so I'll get my counts then.

We are going to Carowinds again on Friday with a friend of mine and Th's from preschool. He is very excited! Saturday TJ and I are headed to Sumter for a wedding. It's on the Air Force Base and I am excited because we haven't been there since Ta was born. Being on the base brings back many fond memories of life in the military. I miss it so much sometimes. I know TJ does, too. We had so many good friends, people willing to do anything for us, including giving their life. It's hard to find friends like that in the civilian world. The camaraderie was/is indescribable, not at all like it is in the outside work force. Too many people are out for themselves, and in the military, it's not like that because rank is earned by time in service and nothing else. Like all things, there are pros and cons to that system, but the pros definitely outweigh the cons. Enough rambling. . .

*I am thankful for good results on my sugar test. I am thankful Ta does not have anything serious or that can't be treated.*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday Thirteen #4

Thirteen Things about South Carolina Mom 13 places I have been or would like to go. . . 1. Santiago, Chile, South America This was my first trip when I was in the military. It was awesome! 2. Virginia Beach, Virginia, U.S. Traveled here with the military. I had a great time, although I only stayed for a few nights. It was too cold to swim in the ocean but it was nice to see the beach. 3. Palermo, Sicily, Europe This is my family's roots. My great-grandparents immigrated to the U.S. from Palermo, and it was so awesome to be able to share in my heritage. I traveled here while in the military, and I loved every bit of this country. Mt. Etna is also located in Sicily, and on several occasions (I've been to Sicily several times), Mt. Etna was erupting. It was majestic to see, especially at night. Too many highlights to say what my favorite part of this country was, but the memories I hold will definitely last a lifetime. 4. Rota, Spain, Europe Again, traveled here with the military.

Thursday Thirteen #3

Thirteen Things about South Carolina Mom 13 jobs I have held. . . 1. Special Olympics Swim Coach Best job ever and very rewarding! 2. Preschool/Youth swim instructor My first job (I volunteered until I got hired on at the Y, then I was paid.) 3. Lifeguard This was my first paid job. 4. Crew Chief/aircraft mechanic on the KC-10 I loved it- I saw the world on this plane and pushed myself the farthest mentally and physically I ever have or ever will again. Of course I missed my family and friends, but if I had to do it all over again, I would in a heartbeat. 5. Debrief personnel I talked with aircrews after they landed about their flight/mission. I learned the logistical side of flying. 6. Tool Crib personnel I gave the mechanics tools for various jobs needed to fix the airplane. I also inventoried and ordered new tools, and that was fun. Until this job, I had no idea that tool companies have a representative drive around in a truck full of tools for people to use and try. It was during t

Thursday Thirteen #6

Thirteen Things about South Carolina Mom 13 Pictures from my life. . . Th, May 2007 Ta, May 2007 At the OBX, June 2007 Ta, OBX 2007 T.G. and Jenna, 1 of our dogs Th turning 5 in Sep. 2007 Eating cake, Sep. 2007 Me and TJ at the Wilds At the zoo, Oct. 2007 Nov. 2007 Thanksgiving 2007 Christmas 2007 All of us Get the Thursday Thirteen code here! The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted! View More Thursday Thirteen Participants