Skip to main content

My Sis

I just want to write about how proud I am of my sister. She amazes me more and more! Not only is she caring for her infant daughter as a single mom while her husband is deployed to Iraq, she is growing and maturing in her walk with the Lord, and what a blessing and encouragement to me it is to witness this growth.

She has been attending a church near her home for a couple of weeks now. The church is similar to mine in doctrine and beliefs, and they have very similar programs for the youth. This past Sunday, she not only attended the morning service, but she braved a horrible thunderstorm in order to go back for the evening service. Not only that, but she doesn't know anyone in the church yet so she goes alone. Why is she doing this? Because she has learned the importance of "training up a child in the way he should go" (Proverbs 22:6).

TJ and I have been praying for her, as well as other family members, for so long. It is easy to get discouraged, especially when we have been praying for such a long time. Not that we thought our prayers were useless or that God didn't hear them, but still, waiting on the Lord is difficult. However, He has allowed us to see the fruits of our labor, and it cheers my heart immensely. Besides just going to church, she is in a GOOD church, and that makes all the difference in the world. She has met some people, and the pastor personally thanked her for coming last Sunday evening despite the storm, saying she was an encouragement to him. My heart is just a little lighter these days as God continues to work in her life. Finding a church is difficult, but going all alone is even more difficult, and I commend her for doing what is right rather than what is comfortable. Too bad more people in this world don't do the same!

*I am thankful that my sister is attending church, attempting to raise her daughter in the fear and admonition of the Lord.*

Comments

Milly said…
The way things are these days it is great for a young person to take the good path she is taking. You should be very proud of her. I know a family that is teaching their children to steal and that is leading them down a hard trail, they need prayer. Your sister is so blessed having you in her corner.

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday Thirteen #4

Thirteen Things about South Carolina Mom 13 places I have been or would like to go. . . 1. Santiago, Chile, South America This was my first trip when I was in the military. It was awesome! 2. Virginia Beach, Virginia, U.S. Traveled here with the military. I had a great time, although I only stayed for a few nights. It was too cold to swim in the ocean but it was nice to see the beach. 3. Palermo, Sicily, Europe This is my family's roots. My great-grandparents immigrated to the U.S. from Palermo, and it was so awesome to be able to share in my heritage. I traveled here while in the military, and I loved every bit of this country. Mt. Etna is also located in Sicily, and on several occasions (I've been to Sicily several times), Mt. Etna was erupting. It was majestic to see, especially at night. Too many highlights to say what my favorite part of this country was, but the memories I hold will definitely last a lifetime. 4. Rota, Spain, Europe Again, traveled here with the military.

Thursday Thirteen #3

Thirteen Things about South Carolina Mom 13 jobs I have held. . . 1. Special Olympics Swim Coach Best job ever and very rewarding! 2. Preschool/Youth swim instructor My first job (I volunteered until I got hired on at the Y, then I was paid.) 3. Lifeguard This was my first paid job. 4. Crew Chief/aircraft mechanic on the KC-10 I loved it- I saw the world on this plane and pushed myself the farthest mentally and physically I ever have or ever will again. Of course I missed my family and friends, but if I had to do it all over again, I would in a heartbeat. 5. Debrief personnel I talked with aircrews after they landed about their flight/mission. I learned the logistical side of flying. 6. Tool Crib personnel I gave the mechanics tools for various jobs needed to fix the airplane. I also inventoried and ordered new tools, and that was fun. Until this job, I had no idea that tool companies have a representative drive around in a truck full of tools for people to use and try. It was during t

Thursday Thirteen #6

Thirteen Things about South Carolina Mom 13 Pictures from my life. . . Th, May 2007 Ta, May 2007 At the OBX, June 2007 Ta, OBX 2007 T.G. and Jenna, 1 of our dogs Th turning 5 in Sep. 2007 Eating cake, Sep. 2007 Me and TJ at the Wilds At the zoo, Oct. 2007 Nov. 2007 Thanksgiving 2007 Christmas 2007 All of us Get the Thursday Thirteen code here! The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted! View More Thursday Thirteen Participants