Skip to main content

Pain, Pain, Go Away!

I have had a headache for about a day and a half. I am going to begin journaling them so the next time I see my doctor, I can hopefully provide some helpful information in diagnosing and treating them.

It started about 1:30pm yesterday, and I had about 20 minutes before I had to start getting the kids ready for a birthday party, so I laid down in bed. I got up at 2pm with the boys, and by then my head was a full-fledged headache. I got the kids ready and we left for the party.

By 4pm, I could hardly stand to keep my eyes open because my head hurt so badly. But, the party wasn't over for another hour so I didn't have much of a choice. I drank a can of Coke thinking the caffeine would help, and munched on some veggies to keep from getting nauseous. By the time we left at 5pm, my headache consumed all of my thoughts. I had to drive 35 minutes across town to meet TJ since neither he nor the kids ate (the kids were too busy having fun at the party to care about eating, and TJ was coming home from his mom's). I also needed to go to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things for my science lesson on Monday.

We ate, although I didn't have much of an appetite, and thankfully TJ offered to take the boys to Wal-Mart so I could just drive back home with T.G. I did, and as soon as I got home at 7pm, I put her in the bath with me so I could rest my eyes. My head was still pounding, and Tylenol did not help. TJ came home with the boys and we got everyone ready for bed. I laid on the couch watching an old WWII movie (cheesy, I know, but I love to watch old war movies) and TJ did some stuff. We went to bed, but I couldn't sleep. I was so exhausted, but my head was hurting so badly I had difficulty getting my thoughts off my head and onto sleep. Finally I dozed off about midnight, but then awoke shortly thereafter by Ta. I dozed off again, and woke about 2am. I took more Tylenol and tried to get back to sleep. No luck. I got my pillow and laid on the couch (my bedroom was really hot for some reason!) thinking the cool air would help. It didn't. I succumbed to crying because of the pain and of course at that hour of the morning, negative thoughts filled my head. I considered waking TJ to tell him I was going to Urgent Care, but I didn't and about 3:30am I fell back to sleep. I slept on and off until about 7am when the boys woke me up.

My headache woke up with me.

I have been taking Tylenol every 4 hours but it's not helping. TJ was concerned earlier this afternoon but I assured him I am fine. I don't have slurred speech, numbness in my extremities, vision problems or anything like that. I just have a headache behind my left eye that radiates down into my teeth and jaw, and around to the back of my head. Hopefully I'll sleep better tonight and when I wake in the morning, the pain will be gone.

Comments

jenn said…
I hope you're feeling better!
Laura Paxton said…
Honey, that sounds like a Migraine...and you'll need more than tylenol to battle that one. First, get you some Ibuprofen gelcaps...wait, are you pregnant? Hmmm...you'll need to talk to your doctor about it ASAP.

I hope it's better by now...next time, get someone to give you a massage. Cancel whatever you have to cancel, and take a nap as early in the headache as you possibly can.

Hope you can figure out what to do with the headaches!

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday Thirteen #3

Thirteen Things about South Carolina Mom 13 jobs I have held. . . 1. Special Olympics Swim Coach Best job ever and very rewarding! 2. Preschool/Youth swim instructor My first job (I volunteered until I got hired on at the Y, then I was paid.) 3. Lifeguard This was my first paid job. 4. Crew Chief/aircraft mechanic on the KC-10 I loved it- I saw the world on this plane and pushed myself the farthest mentally and physically I ever have or ever will again. Of course I missed my family and friends, but if I had to do it all over again, I would in a heartbeat. 5. Debrief personnel I talked with aircrews after they landed about their flight/mission. I learned the logistical side of flying. 6. Tool Crib personnel I gave the mechanics tools for various jobs needed to fix the airplane. I also inventoried and ordered new tools, and that was fun. Until this job, I had no idea that tool companies have a representative drive around in a truck full of tools for people to use and try. It was during t

Thursday Thirteen #4

Thirteen Things about South Carolina Mom 13 places I have been or would like to go. . . 1. Santiago, Chile, South America This was my first trip when I was in the military. It was awesome! 2. Virginia Beach, Virginia, U.S. Traveled here with the military. I had a great time, although I only stayed for a few nights. It was too cold to swim in the ocean but it was nice to see the beach. 3. Palermo, Sicily, Europe This is my family's roots. My great-grandparents immigrated to the U.S. from Palermo, and it was so awesome to be able to share in my heritage. I traveled here while in the military, and I loved every bit of this country. Mt. Etna is also located in Sicily, and on several occasions (I've been to Sicily several times), Mt. Etna was erupting. It was majestic to see, especially at night. Too many highlights to say what my favorite part of this country was, but the memories I hold will definitely last a lifetime. 4. Rota, Spain, Europe Again, traveled here with the military.

Thursday Thirteen #6

Thirteen Things about South Carolina Mom 13 Pictures from my life. . . Th, May 2007 Ta, May 2007 At the OBX, June 2007 Ta, OBX 2007 T.G. and Jenna, 1 of our dogs Th turning 5 in Sep. 2007 Eating cake, Sep. 2007 Me and TJ at the Wilds At the zoo, Oct. 2007 Nov. 2007 Thanksgiving 2007 Christmas 2007 All of us Get the Thursday Thirteen code here! The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted! View More Thursday Thirteen Participants