Tuesday, April 8, 2008

All's Well

We secured childcare for Th and T.G. Sunday night. Nothing like waiting 'til the last minute! It was to the point we were either going to the hospital as a family or either TJ or myself was going to stay home. Thankfully we found someone willing to come over at 5:30AM to be with the others.

Ta made it through surgery fine. He was very scared and cried a couple of times while waiting, but thankfully he fell asleep for a bit and when he woke, he was given Versed to calm his nerves so he wouldn't cry when the nurse took him from us. It definitely helped to lessen his fears and worked as it was supposed to. The procedure itself lasted about 20 minutes, allowing TJ and I an oppportunity to use the potty and get some coffee before going back to meet with the doctor. Ta had fluid in both ears (as suspected) and in his right ear, the fluid was really thick mucus (but not infected). In the left ear, it was thinner and clearer. The doctor believes his right ear was in the process of becoming infected, but regardless he suctioned out the fluid when he inserted the tubes. Ta still seems to be having some trouble with his hearing, but hopefully as he recovers, his hearing will return to normal. He goes back for another hearing test on May 6.

Our weekend at the Wilds was great. The kids enjoyed it so much even though it rained most of the day Saturday. However, the rain didn't stop us and we had fun just being a family. The challenge of the entire weekend was handling cranky kids from lack of sleep. There is so much to do there that we are up early and stay up late each day. Plus, being away from home made it more difficult to get a "good" night's sleep. The next family camp is Labor Day, but that is too close to my due date, so we won't be back until next spring. TJ picked up a registration form already so I suppose he wants to go back! :)

It was awesome to spend time with TJ's grandparents, as well. We haven't seen them in about a year, and the kids enjoyed being with them and they enjoyed being with the kids. The preaching was wonderful and I pray I am able to apply what I've learned. I will post pictures later (I know I've said that before, but I really will try!) I have some school work to finish up and all 3 kids are home today because of spring break.

0 Shared with Me: