Skip to main content

A Novel?

My life has been hectic as usual. I sometimes can’t seem to tell whether I’m coming or going. I have been going non-stop since last week, and today is the first moment I have found to sit down and write.

Saturday evening was spent at my sister-in-law’s house. TJ volunteered to help out with a major youth event at our church, which left the kids in my care. It’s an hour drive each way to her house, and by the time I arrived, I was already stressed out due to the arguing in the van. T.G. was ready to nurse shortly after our arrival, and just as I got situated, my 5 -year-old niece informed me Ta was outside. My sis-in-law lives on a dangerous road, and her house isn’t that far from it. There’s not necessarily a lot of traffic, but cars speed by going 45 miles an hour. Needless to say, panic set in and I ran to get him. Thankfully the Lord’s hand of protection was upon him, and he was sitting on the porch. I couldn’t discipline him because he didn’t really understand what he did wrong. The front door was locked and my almost 12 –year-old nephew unlocked it and went outside with Ta following him. My nephew had no idea why the door was locked or that Ta was behind him. The rest of the evening it was difficult for me to relax because I just couldn’t trust Ta not to do it again. What if the door was unlocked again?

Sunday we had Th's final Pee-Wee performance of the year. I am so proud of how much he has grown spiritually because of this group. To celebrate, our church had an ice cream social following the evening service. We invited Th's T-ball coach and her family to come with us, and we all had a good time. After eating the ice cream, the kids played on the playground and burned off some energy. We didn’t get home until close to 9pm.

The MOMS Club held an end-of-year banquet this morning. It was beautiful. Each mom brought a breakfast item to share, and when we arrived, the place was beautifully decorated. There were fresh flowers and petals on the tables, beautiful plates (too pretty to eat off!), and an overwhelming sense of calmness amidst the chaos of kids running around everywhere. I have been one of the Family Event coordinators this past year, so to honor my efforts, the Board presented me with a beautiful candle, hand-made bookmark, and card. I know I keep using the word ‘beautiful’ but that’s because I don’t know how else to describe it.

TJ came to the banquet and gave a presentation on free ways to keep your computer running efficiently and was impressed by our food spread. I sent him back to work with some leftover homemade banana-nut muffins and blueberry breakfast cake that I had made for the festivities. Several moms have called me just this afternoon to compliment me on his presentation. He worked really hard on it, which is another reason I haven’t posted here in a few days. I haven’t had time during the day, and he’s been working on his slides in the evenings after the kids were in bed.

I have to take T.G. back to the doctor today to recheck her ears. I believe they are clear but I found out today a little girl in the Club has strep throat. My kids were around her yesterday so now I need to watch the boys for signs of strep. I hope no one gets sick because we have a busy weekend ahead of us.

We are going to the zoo on Friday with the MOMS Club, and then Th has 2 birthday parties to attend on Saturday afternoon. Saturday evening we were invited to another family’s house to swim, kayak, fish, and canoe (they live on a lake) with our Sunday School class. I definitely don’t want to miss that!!

Just one more thing and then I’ll go. . . a friend of mine in the Club had a baby last Friday by c-section. Her oldest son turned 4 in early May, and she has another son who is 14 months old. I thought I had it hard!! I brought her dinner last night and I was almost in tears in the van on my way home. On top of having 3 little ones, she and her husband just moved from an apartment into a house on Monday. Her husband is helpful, but he’s been busy moving. Today was his first day back at work so she has been alone with all 3 kids, plus is recovering from major surgery, and is in the midst of moving. To say she is overwhelmed is an understatement!!!

I am picking up her oldest son in the morning and taking him to the park with my kids to try to give her a break. I am taking him next week to a playgroup, but I still feel like I should do more. I feel a huge burden for her, but as TJ put it, sometimes my heart is too big for my body. He thinks I take the weight of the world and carry it on my shoulders, and I do, but it’s just my nature. I just praise the Lord for helping me through my “rough” time, and I pray He will provide my friend with the strength she needs to get through hers. I pray the Lord will use me to show her the love of Christ along with the other moms in the Club.

That's all for now. Until next time, God bless!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday Thirteen #4

Thirteen Things about South Carolina Mom 13 places I have been or would like to go. . . 1. Santiago, Chile, South America This was my first trip when I was in the military. It was awesome! 2. Virginia Beach, Virginia, U.S. Traveled here with the military. I had a great time, although I only stayed for a few nights. It was too cold to swim in the ocean but it was nice to see the beach. 3. Palermo, Sicily, Europe This is my family's roots. My great-grandparents immigrated to the U.S. from Palermo, and it was so awesome to be able to share in my heritage. I traveled here while in the military, and I loved every bit of this country. Mt. Etna is also located in Sicily, and on several occasions (I've been to Sicily several times), Mt. Etna was erupting. It was majestic to see, especially at night. Too many highlights to say what my favorite part of this country was, but the memories I hold will definitely last a lifetime. 4. Rota, Spain, Europe Again, traveled here with the military.

Thursday Thirteen #3

Thirteen Things about South Carolina Mom 13 jobs I have held. . . 1. Special Olympics Swim Coach Best job ever and very rewarding! 2. Preschool/Youth swim instructor My first job (I volunteered until I got hired on at the Y, then I was paid.) 3. Lifeguard This was my first paid job. 4. Crew Chief/aircraft mechanic on the KC-10 I loved it- I saw the world on this plane and pushed myself the farthest mentally and physically I ever have or ever will again. Of course I missed my family and friends, but if I had to do it all over again, I would in a heartbeat. 5. Debrief personnel I talked with aircrews after they landed about their flight/mission. I learned the logistical side of flying. 6. Tool Crib personnel I gave the mechanics tools for various jobs needed to fix the airplane. I also inventoried and ordered new tools, and that was fun. Until this job, I had no idea that tool companies have a representative drive around in a truck full of tools for people to use and try. It was during t

Thursday Thirteen #6

Thirteen Things about South Carolina Mom 13 Pictures from my life. . . Th, May 2007 Ta, May 2007 At the OBX, June 2007 Ta, OBX 2007 T.G. and Jenna, 1 of our dogs Th turning 5 in Sep. 2007 Eating cake, Sep. 2007 Me and TJ at the Wilds At the zoo, Oct. 2007 Nov. 2007 Thanksgiving 2007 Christmas 2007 All of us Get the Thursday Thirteen code here! The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted! View More Thursday Thirteen Participants