Skip to main content

The Week in Review

Father’s Day, in my opinion, was a nice day, although it didn’t start out as such. The night before we went to a friend’s house to swim, eat, and hang out. We didn’t get home until after midnight, and by the time the boys were in bed, it was almost 1AM before I got to sleep. I set my alarm to go off at 6:15AM so I could wake before TJ and make breakfast. I did wake first, and prepared eggs, sausage (his pick!), hash browns, and French toast for him. I had the food ready, the table set, and his surprise gift (a calendar entitled “Our Life in Pictures”) waiting in his spot. When he woke, he wasn’t feeling well and barely ate. Now, I really don’t like sausage. It’s not just the taste, but everything about it grosses me out! The smell while it’s cooking is more than I can tolerate! TJ felt really, really bad about not eating, especially because he knows how much I despise sausage. It’s the thought that counts, right?

We were out late the night before, and the kids didn’t get a bath before bed. On Sunday mornings, we have a routine that includes TJ ironing both his and my clothes for church while I’m either getting myself or one of the kids ready. Since TJ wasn’t feeling well, I not only had to bathe, clothe, and feed the 3 kids, I also had to iron our clothes and get myself ready. Plus, we had to be at my in-laws at 2PM, meaning we needed to hit the road as soon as church let out at 12:30PM. Because of that, lunch needed to be prepared so we could eat in the car on the way. I had to wash the breakfast dishes to make counter space to prepare lunch. Needless to say, we missed Sunday School and barely made it to church!

We had an okay time at the in-laws. It was nice to see everyone again and catch up. Our minds were focused on all we had to do at home, or at least mine was. Probably the highlight for us was the family trip in the peddle boat. The 4 of us squeezed into it and Th got to steer. He is looking forward to the day his feet can reach the peddles so he can help- and so are we!

I shipped my brother off to camp with my church’s youth group this week. I had to finish laundry Sunday night and Monday morning so he would have enough clothes for the week. He was so excited to go. The Lord has really answered prayer this past week, and the opportunity for Adam to go to camp was one of them. He returns Saturday afternoon, which means our OBX trip is postponed until then. I plan to hit the road as soon as he steps off the bus, but ultimately God is in control. I am so thankful for our church! I am thankful that when Th is old enough, he will be able to go to camp.

I am also thankful for the many godly men and women in our church. One woman heard Th crying because he couldn’t go to camp now. She invited us to go swimming at the new YMCA. It’s awesome! They have an indoor pool, but they also have an outdoor water park with water slides, swings, and all kinds of cool things for the kids. We spent 3 hours there, and it was so nice to be able to talk with her. She was such an encouragement to me, and her children were, too. I have shared my testimony of salvation with many, but I really love to share my life experiences (good and bad) with others so they can know the many ways God has shown Himself faithful. I am thankful for the opportunity I had to share God’s goodness in my life with her.

Today is going to be low-key. I am taking the boys to get their hair cut, and then we are headed home so I can clean a little before we head to the beach Saturday. It’s raining, so hopefully that will keep me motivated to clean. When it’s nice outside, I am often tempted to forgo my responsibilities in order to get out in the fresh air. I have to get it done, though, because the church secretary is house/dog-sitting for us.The last time she stayed here, she made brownies as a welcome-home gift for us. Have I mentioned how thankful I am for our church?!? Have a great day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday Thirteen #4

Thirteen Things about South Carolina Mom 13 places I have been or would like to go. . . 1. Santiago, Chile, South America This was my first trip when I was in the military. It was awesome! 2. Virginia Beach, Virginia, U.S. Traveled here with the military. I had a great time, although I only stayed for a few nights. It was too cold to swim in the ocean but it was nice to see the beach. 3. Palermo, Sicily, Europe This is my family's roots. My great-grandparents immigrated to the U.S. from Palermo, and it was so awesome to be able to share in my heritage. I traveled here while in the military, and I loved every bit of this country. Mt. Etna is also located in Sicily, and on several occasions (I've been to Sicily several times), Mt. Etna was erupting. It was majestic to see, especially at night. Too many highlights to say what my favorite part of this country was, but the memories I hold will definitely last a lifetime. 4. Rota, Spain, Europe Again, traveled here with the military.

Thursday Thirteen #3

Thirteen Things about South Carolina Mom 13 jobs I have held. . . 1. Special Olympics Swim Coach Best job ever and very rewarding! 2. Preschool/Youth swim instructor My first job (I volunteered until I got hired on at the Y, then I was paid.) 3. Lifeguard This was my first paid job. 4. Crew Chief/aircraft mechanic on the KC-10 I loved it- I saw the world on this plane and pushed myself the farthest mentally and physically I ever have or ever will again. Of course I missed my family and friends, but if I had to do it all over again, I would in a heartbeat. 5. Debrief personnel I talked with aircrews after they landed about their flight/mission. I learned the logistical side of flying. 6. Tool Crib personnel I gave the mechanics tools for various jobs needed to fix the airplane. I also inventoried and ordered new tools, and that was fun. Until this job, I had no idea that tool companies have a representative drive around in a truck full of tools for people to use and try. It was during t

Thursday Thirteen #6

Thirteen Things about South Carolina Mom 13 Pictures from my life. . . Th, May 2007 Ta, May 2007 At the OBX, June 2007 Ta, OBX 2007 T.G. and Jenna, 1 of our dogs Th turning 5 in Sep. 2007 Eating cake, Sep. 2007 Me and TJ at the Wilds At the zoo, Oct. 2007 Nov. 2007 Thanksgiving 2007 Christmas 2007 All of us Get the Thursday Thirteen code here! The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted! View More Thursday Thirteen Participants